Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

She's Alive Because He Lived


The other day, my niece posted a status update/question on facebook, tagging those she particularly wanted to respond. Her question regarded our idea of eternity, and how we all keep from getting scared by it.
I smiled when I read it, but my smile was twofold. The first, was that I love how she put herself out there. The second, was that it immediately made me think of Sarah. We had these conversations a lot. I’m not sure who coined the term (it was probably Sarah) that we used all the time, but we would call each other and say we were having an “existential crisis.” We might have liked to be dramatic! haha
I answered my niece’s question, and then went on about my day. I was in my car and couldn’t stop thinking about Sarah. She was my niece’s facebook friend too, and she would have LOVED that question. She would have responded to that question. She would have loved even US having a conversation about that question.
Sigh
I started wondering what she would have said. It had been awhile since we had had any such conversation. What would she say today?
A tear welled in my eye. I thought out loud, “Sarah, my niece is having an existential crisis and I want you to weigh in,” and I laughed a solemn laugh.
Stupid. Not like Sarah can hear me. What is the point in crying and asking a question to the air??
I started thinking though, when Sarah was here on this Earth, it always seemed to happen more than not that when one was thinking of the other, we would quickly discover the other was thinking about the one. Why wouldn’t it still work that way?
I turned on my radio. I thought to myself, “okay, Sarah. Tell me something.”
I scrolled through my pre-sets.
Nothing.
“Come on Sarah! Please?” I said out loud to my steering wheel.
I decided to push scan instead. I listened attentively to the seconds the radio would stay on one station before scrolling to the next.
Nothing.
Until.....
“I was dead in the grave. I was covered.....(scan)
What was that?? I scrolled back.
“Amen, Amen, I’m alive, I’m alive because He lives.”
I listened to the rest of the song. It was on a Christian station. I don’t typically listen to Christian music. I reached my destination and googled the lyrics. I then listened to the entire song.
The song is entitled “Because He Lives” by Matt Maher. I won’t bore you with the entire song, but the rest of that stanza read this:
“ I was dead in the grave I was covered in sin and shame I heard mercy call my name He rolled the stone away Amen, Amen I’m alive, I’m alive Because He lives Amen, Amen Let my song join the one that never ends”
I smiled. Holy shit (excuse my profanity as I discuss these matters). There she is. She answered that question through a song. I knew she couldn’t resist an “existential crisis” talk afterall. ;)
I immediately downloaded the song on iTunes.
A few days later I had another dream. A very, very, very short dream it was kinda disappointing. Sarah was working at a restaurant. I went to see her and we snuck into a hallway by the kitchen and were giggling like teenagers again. I became really serious and showed her a mosquito bite on my hand. She looked at it and took out her cell phone and pointed it at my mosquito bite, and then the phone started vibrating.
The dream ended.
Sarah loved dreams. I couldn’t resist looking this one up. It made me happy and nostalgic and I felt connected somehow.
Mosquito bite - bitten - indicates something “gnawing at you.”
Cell phone - indicates the
desire to communicate
Vibration - suggests the need to pay more attention to your intuition
Ha!
I may sound crazy and I don’t care. The desire to communicate with Sarah has been gnawing at me, and she was urging me to pay more attention to my intuition.
I thought of the song earlier in the week. That was her. I don’t care if I sound crazy.
I have peace. She’s alive because He lived.
Love you Sarah. I pray you have
peace as well.
All my love,

Kay 


No comments:

Post a Comment